
Yesterday and today, we've had a baby blue jay hanging out around our front yard and porch. Mason was worried the parents would get her. They screeched at us when we got too near their babies (there were 2 yesterday). The picture shows just how badly we need to paint our porch. The chicks were grey with just a little bit of blue on their backs.
The girls had gymnastics today. I'm having second thoughts about sending Mason to school next year. She is scared and upset about it. She doesn't want to get up that early, she's scared she won't make any new friends, and she's worried that recess isn't enough free time. We timed her playing so she would know how long half an hour is, and she said that wasn't nearly enough time. Matthew says that she should go. I'd rather have her home. I'm pretty sure that she won't learn as much at school as she does at home, plus she'll learn a lot of things I don't want her to know from the kids there. We had a lot of problems right after moving, but things have settled down. Life is wonderful right now, and I'm upset that school is going to ruin it. I'm not worried about Grace. Half day kindergarten is 3 hours a day. She'll still have plenty of free time.
My aunt and uncle gave us their pool. They only used it once, but it didn't work out. I feel bad for just taking it, but we'll have a lot of fun with it! Hopefully, we'll get it put together this weekend. Sophie Jane and Alyssa played in our baby pool this afternoon. They were too busy to look at the camera. It was a little chilly by the time we got out there, so Alyssa didn't really want to be in the water.
Alyssa makes a cheesy face when she knows I'm going to take her picture. I don't know if she's trying to smile or just squinting because she's anticipating the flash.
How cool to hatch chicks. Can't wait to see the babies!! :)
ReplyDelete