Carter is settling in. He still sleeps most of the time, but he has 1-2 hours of awake time between naps. Five kids are a lot more than four kids. I'm sure it will get easier eventually.
Grace and Sophie Jane spend a lot of time playing together. They love house and all kinds of pretend games. Alyssa is perfectly happy following them around. Mason and Grace play Uno together. Mason reads a lot and enjoys playing alone. She had all A's on her midterm! The little girl from across the street was here for a long time during the two snow days this week. She finally decided to wear a spare pair of our snow pants. It's so cold!
Matthew went back to work on Thursday. I was a nervous wreck, but it went better than I expected. Carter mostly cried when he wasn't eating or sleeping. Sophie Jane is working on an ABC book like the one Grace made when she was younger. She gets so excited about doing "homework". Alyssa has been much more fun to be around since Matthew put the locks on the rest of the kitchen cabinets. She still climbs on everything, and we have to put the trash can on the counter far too often, but she's getting better.
Right now, the 3 big girls are singing and dancing with hula hoops in the living room. Carter's asleep on my lap. Matthew and Alyssa are going to the car wash because the birds at the library loved his car.
Matthew's brother (he's so nice) is bringing some of the furniture we recently purchased. I'm excited! It will be nice for everyone to have their own chair at the table, and for Grace to have her own dresser. I'm sure my parents will enjoy sleeping on a real bed the next time they visit, which will hopefully be soon. Plus, Alyssa's new toddler bed is still at my parents' house. I wonder what he'll decide to bring.
I'm sure things will get easier...I bet it is fun each time your bro in law stops by with your new furniture!
ReplyDelete